Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy and Paste folder Structure and Content is Not Available on Other Devices

Products:

• Home PC: Windows 7 64 bit machine.
  • Mac Laptop: MacBook Pro running latest version of OS X El Capitan
  • Iphone 6

Problem:

When copying and pasting folder structure and contents from PC to icloud, I am unable access the contents of the folders on any device other than the PC.. The contents of the folders are available on the PC icloud drive within explorer.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Copy paste folder structure and contents from my documents to the icloud drive through explorer. The system appears to move the data to icloud. I am able to open any of the documents within the folder structure on the PC

2. Open icloud through the web on the PC and the folder structure and contents are not available

3. Open icloud though finder on the <ac and the folder structure and contents are not available

4. Open I cloud though the icloud app on Iphone and the folder structure and contents are not available.

Additional Tests Attempted

1. Add one file by copy paste, or cut and paste in icloud via explorer --> File is successfully available on Mac, iphone, and Web interface for icloud

2. Add one folder with one or more contents in cloud via explorer --> File is not available on Mac, iphone, and Web interface for icloud

Desired outcome:

I am looking to move all my content in a folder called document library from my documents on my PC to icloud. This document library contains scanned mail and coursework. I want the content available to all my devices and not be at risk to a drive failure. Once moved to icloud, I want to then add any new content to icloud. My planned workflow was to scan documents into my PC, then move them into a permanent location on icloud using explorer.

Workaround

I could re-create the folder structure and move the files manually; however doing so would be less efficient than moving the folder structure and contents.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 10:31 AM

There are no replies.

Copy and Paste folder Structure and Content is Not Available on Other Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.