Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Late 2011 - Discrete graphics issue

Hello,

After buying a Mbp late 2011 15 inch, when getting the first graphics card symtoms,

I called Apple and asked them to please replace my Macbook pro with a new model because this model has a discrete graphics card issue.

First time they said, We need to repair the Macbook first,

So they repaired it (free of charge)#1

A couple of months later, same graphics symptoms started to show up,

I called apple and asked them to please replace this with a new model, since I've done my research and I know that same issue will arise,

so please spare me the time and replace with new model.

They told me:

We need to repair the Macbook at least 3 times before we can replace it with another model.

So I gave it in for repair. (free of charge) #2

When I got my mbp back in January 2015, I called apple and asked them to please replace this model because I don't want to hassle with it in the future...

They told me that they have extendeded the warranty program to replace the logic board for this specific model, And I told them yes, I know, but when the logic board is replaced, it is replaced with the same model of logic board, which brings the same type of issue.

The senior advisor assured me that since the petition and the repair extension program for video issues has rised to attention, they have actually

taking measures to make sure to prevent this from happening again. ( apple . com/au/support/macbookpro-videoissues/ )

It is now December 2015 and it happened again!

First symtoms after almost 11 months? Really?

I called a senior advisor and told asked him to please replace this model with a different model because I really don't want to hassle in the future.#3

He then told me:

We need to repair the Macbook at least 3 times before we can replace it with another model.

Now when I get my macbook pro back within these 2 weeks with a brand new logic board most likely including the same graphics card issue.

What If I get my first symptoms 10 months from now?

The repair extension program for video issues is valid until February 27, 2016.

My macbook will probably fail around April / May.

My Question:

How to act in this situation regarding communication with Apple.

I have clearly stated that I want to be replaced with another model from the beginning.

Sincerely

Miss my macbook pro.

<Edited By Host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2011

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 12:05 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro Late 2011 - Discrete graphics issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.