Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a better GPS signal

I'm always getting a poor GPS signal on my iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S Plus, as I drive for a living and use satnav apps a lot, including TomTom, Google Maps, WAZE it would improve my work life considerably if I could get a better signal. In my car I have a built in satnav but the updates are so expensive that I don't want to go down that route [excuse the pun]. What I'd prefer is a tried and tested enhancer to attach to the iPhone that gives a good signal and can also keep my phone charged. In the past when I had the iPhone 3G I used the TomTom adapter but I don't see them available for the later models. Help.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 12:24 PM

2 replies

Jan 12, 2016 10:42 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Cheers Lawrence,

I did buy a Bad Elf, which is a decent device but it didn't resolve the issue. I found that although I only have a slight tint, that some cars including mine have a high metallic content to the glass, which prevents a good GPS reception. Looks like I'll have to do the more expensive route and update the cars inbuilt satnav.

Getting a better GPS signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.