Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

merging files after each other

I work on a composition which is 34 minutes long and has 19 verses. Years ago I split the verses up into individual files (which now are .logicx files), because it back then seemed easy to work on them individually with instrumentation, transitions etc. Now my problem is that I cannot put (merge, combine, unite) these files (any two files) into one. All files have the same setup of tracks; so far there are only MIDI tracks with contents, and no audio yet.

I have googled unsuccessfully and have tried to find a way to put the second file with its track at the end of the first, but I did not succeed.

Is there anybody who knows how to achieve this?

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 12:55 PM

You won't copy/paste tracks, but regions. In your first project, select the track you want to copy. This highlights all of the regions in that track. Switch to the new project (you can have more than one project open at the same time), place the playhead where you want the paste operation to begin, highlight the appropriate track, and paste. Very simple.

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.2/#/lgcpf7c0d424

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 12:55 PM in response to Mickwurst

You won't copy/paste tracks, but regions. In your first project, select the track you want to copy. This highlights all of the regions in that track. Switch to the new project (you can have more than one project open at the same time), place the playhead where you want the paste operation to begin, highlight the appropriate track, and paste. Very simple.

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.2/#/lgcpf7c0d424

Dec 1, 2015 1:41 PM in response to BenB

This worked just fine. There is only one other problem to it.

Originally, the files came from a Roland Sequencer, and there are tempo changes in the (now) logicx files, which do not come along when I copy and paste the regions.

How can I best manage this in such a way that the changes get into the right bars, etc.?

merging files after each other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.