Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos templates missing/won't download?

I'm running Photos 1.0.1 on OS X 10.10.5 on a Late 2008 MacBook 2.4GHz with 6GB RAM.

I want to use Photos to create a folded Christmas card, as I have done for many years in iPhoto. However, the templates on offer are very basic and I believe there should be more as I am only being shown three. Please see the attached screenshot.

User uploaded file

Looking at the Apple website, completely different (and more useful) designs are shown. I do not have access to these through Photos. Again, please see the screen grab.

User uploaded file

I have tried leaving Photos running and a spinner appears at top right but it does not seem to want to download more templates. Also, I have tried logging on as a different user but the template selection is the same. This problem is not limited to Christmas/Holidays cards or even folded cards. My Letterpress section has one single template available.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions. I'm hoping to overcome this in the next week so that I can order my cards in time for Christmas!

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 1:11 PM

4 replies

Nov 30, 2015 3:16 PM in response to tupholme

Someone had it moved

As starters I suggest upgrading to El Captain and Photo 1.2 - that has more features and fixes a number of bugs

after doing that try again - it took about ten minutes for letterpress to download a bunch of themes on my system - have not done the other yet but time and a good internet connection are the keys

LN

Dec 5, 2015 12:22 PM in response to LarryHN

Long story short... By rebooting in Safe Mode I was able to get Photos to download a reasonable number of templates. In 'Holidays' I now have fourteen landscape variants and thirteen portrait. I'm not sure this is the whole range (and they don't include the ones shown on the website) but it's enough to work with for this year without the rigmarole of an El Cap upgrade that I'm not quite ready for.

Thanks again.

Photos templates missing/won't download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.