Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone connected to my sisters iTunes after I got on hers for a movie now it isn't allowing me to download my music without being on her account, why?

I Logged out of my iTunes acct to get a movie off my sisters and once I logged out and got back on mine it wouldn't allow Me to turn on the iCloud music library. It says my phone is already associated with another account and I can't switch for 90 days. I me ver even used hers on my music. the only way it worded was when I logged out of my account and onto hers, our music merged but I cannot get any music through iTunes on my account.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 2:34 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 12:45 AM in response to RachaelDarlene

When you log into an account and use iTunes Match, iCloud Music, automatic downloads or redownload past purchases you will tie the device (or computer) to that account for 90 days (View and remove associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support) - I believe it's an attempt to try and stop people sharing content. If you can't wait until the 90 days have completed you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can/will remove the association : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

My phone connected to my sisters iTunes after I got on hers for a movie now it isn't allowing me to download my music without being on her account, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.