Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The application QuarkXpress quit unexpectedly.

Every time I double click on my QuarkXpress icon a box comes up with "The application QuarkXpress quit unexpectedly. Mac OS X and other applications are not affected." It then gives me the option to relaunch, which leads to the same window popping up, or the option to report to Apple, which I have done several times.

This has only happened since I backed up some photo files on my computer the other day.

I purchased the program, QuarkXpress 9.0 3 years ago, on line, for £900 and I don't seem to be able to go anywhere for help. I can't even locate the serial number.

Can anyone help me please.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 12:49 PM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2015 6:56 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for your reply although, I'm a little bit confused, when given the box option to report this problem to Apple it comes up with:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @executable_path/../../../libQXString.XC.r.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/carolineharris/Desktop/QuarkXPress.app/Contents/MacOS/QuarkXPress

Reason: image not found

After going on Console like you suggested, this was the latest info:

01/12/2015 14:49:22 com.apple.launchd[74] ([0x0-0x79079].QuarkXPress[1013]) Exited abnormally: Trace/BPT trap

Thanks Caroline.

"The application QuarkXpress quit unexpectedly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.