Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try and Share my project onto DVD, it stops at 68%... is anyone else having this issue?

I have Final Cut Pro X. When I try and put my Project onto DVD it stops at 68% each time I've tried. I just updated my OS to El Captain. Is anyone else having this issue?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 2:23 PM

15 replies

Dec 1, 2015 10:04 AM in response to nellie007

Please try one more disk image – this time in a new test library. Hold down the option and command keys when you launch FCP. That will create an empty library and allow you the opportunity to delete preferences (which you might as well do). Import a single short clip (something not used inn your working project) and optimize it once it's in the Browser. Edit the clip to the project timeline and try again to create the disk image.

Russ

Dec 12, 2015 2:29 PM in response to nellie007

I am having the exact same problem, with hanging at 68% on a DVD export and 66% on an export to DVD. The problem seems to be with the "Create Disc" app not working correctly. I believe this is the case because I was able to creat one disc with a project, but the second project is just hanging. I usually would just export the master file and use iDVD to burn with menus, so I'm settling for second best with FCPX's menus, but I was only able to get one of 4 projects I need to finish NOW. I hate to use Toast, because the menu options are inferior and don't display the chapter names. I'll try doing a restart with a preference reset.

When I try and Share my project onto DVD, it stops at 68%... is anyone else having this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.