Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes12.3.1.23 slow/spinning wheel Itunes gets hung up

Greetings,

Was wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem as i and if they have an easy solution. When ever I open Itunes 12.3 on any one of my 3 mac's all running el capitan (I also have apple music) it takes literally 3-4 minutes to open a song -one which I purchased through iTunes. This is very frustrating. I called apple care and was indirectly informed that it is an issue between itunes and El Capitan and the only real fix is to go back to yosmite. I have read multiple fixes that seem to involve me going in and modifying some code and even then they seem to fail aside from going in and down grading to yosmite. I'm about to bag apple music and go back to spotify. It was kind of funny the girl at apple care was coy with the answer when I asked her if this was the first call she had about this issue also I have asked at my local apple store and they claim not to know and have never heard of it. I have done the basics, rebooted my computers, ensured the software is updated etc.. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!!

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 4:44 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 8:54 PM in response to USMC

Please back up all data.

As a test, move the iTunes library folder from the Music folder (or wherever you keep it in your home folder) to the Desktop. If you've moved the library folder to another volume, unmount the volume.

Quit and relaunch the application. It may prompt you to create a new library, or to select an existing one. Create a new one and import a few tracks. Test.

After testing, quit again and put the original library back where it was, replacing the test library. Post your results.

Itunes12.3.1.23 slow/spinning wheel Itunes gets hung up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.