Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple devices one apple ID-transition?

our family has multiple devices (mine, my husband's, an Ipad and a work phone plus a work I mac). We chose to use only one Apple ID. We did upgrade Icloud storage but again it is full (and are having problems with computer hard drive being full... I see we could create separate Apple ID's? Possibly mine, my husbands and my work? Will I mess something up doing this now, after we already have things set up under one ID? Do I have to use (and pay?) for Family Sharing if we want to share music that has been purchased? Appreciate any feedback..going on ?8 weeks with no backups

iPhone 6, and ipad Mini Iphone 5C and Macbook

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:47 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 5:59 PM in response to Parky2001

Simply keep using the same AppleID for the App Store on all of those devices (that will allow you to continue using your purchases on all of the devices).

Then, create a separate AppleID for yourself, and for your husband for use for iCloud. The App Store and iCloud have completely separate logins on each device. Therefore, you can log out of iCloud on a device (leaving the App Store login alone) and then login to your new iCloud account.

It's up to you to plan this well before trying though. Obviously each AppleID needs it's own associated email address. Therefore, you'll need to decide who might want to keep using the original iCloud account (with the upgraded storage), based on who's email address it uses.

multiple devices one apple ID-transition?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.