Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Netflix constantly stop play with HDCP compliancy error?

Like many, I'm a frequent binge-watcher. However, Netflix frequently interrupts my viewing with "Display Error: There appears to be a display problem. Please ensure your monitor is HDCP compliant and is not mirrored using Airplay."

I've tried the steps listed on the Netflix website, however, none have been successful. I use a Macbook Air, so it's not possible to unplug my monitor as suggested. I've restarted my computer several times. I also know for sure that i've never used Airplay with Netflix.

Sometimes I'll go hours with no problems. Other times, Netflix won't let me watch anything-seconds into my show, the error appears and overtime i reload the page, it does it again.

I'm using Safari version 9.0 and OS X El Capitan version 10.11.

Maybe this isn't an Apple problem or even that bad of a problem, but it's extremely frustrating and I'd like some answers.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11), working perfectly otherwise

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:05 PM

There are no replies.

Why does Netflix constantly stop play with HDCP compliancy error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.