Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new macbook air, how do I block pop ups ?

I am new to Mac Book Air, wondering how I block pop ups ?

MacBook Air, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 4:51 PM

4 replies

Nov 30, 2015 5:48 PM in response to mdoyle1950

Get a respected ad blocker extension for your browser. I personally use Chrome as my browser and use the following extensions in various combinations, depending on my needs, to increase security and stow aggressing advertising and other malicious web content:

1) EFF HTTPS Everywhere

2) EFF Privacy Badger

3) uBlock Origin

Make sure that you ONLY download browser extensions from official sources such as Apple (for Safari), or the Chrome Web Store (for Chrome). In addition, do not use any extensions that you do not absolutely need.

Lastly, in addition to those browser extensions, you should look in to "OpenDNS Home" (https://www.opendns.com/home-internet-security/). It's a free DNS service that automatically blocks many malicious domains.

I have a new macbook air, how do I block pop ups ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.