Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CPU Temperature 100°C

Hey Guys,

im a new owner of the MacBook Pro 13" Retina Early 2015 with 256GB and 2,7 GHz i5, 8GB DDR3, Intel Iris 6100 running on OS X El Captian 10.11.1

My Question:

Is it also normal at the Early 2015 to heat up to 100°Celsius+?

I'm using the TG Pro to check my Temperature.

It is my first time to run it up to 100C+, i was JUST WATCHING stream on twitch.tv.

The video quality on twitch.tv was set on: Source.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:10 PM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2015 6:12 PM in response to hrytn

What you described is fairly hard work for the Mac you have. It is not loafing when playing back Videos.

75C is no cause for alarm, but 100C without the fans ROARING indicates your Mac's fans may have failed or a temperature sensor is not detecting the temperature properly. You should make an appointment at the genius bar (if available to you) and have it evaluated (no Charge).

Dec 1, 2015 10:16 AM in response to hrytn

hrytn wrote:

Thanks for your fast respond, my fans were slowly starting increasing the fanspeed at 97C - with 2700RPM. At 98C the Fan Speed was at 3200RPM.

So in my opinion, the temperature regulation seems to me a little bit slowly.

Should is still make an appointment at the apple shop?

For the temperatures that you are reporting, the fan speeds are not adequate. At 97°c, the fan should be at maximum velocity. Make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar for a FREE evaluation.

Ciao.

Jun 23, 2016 12:20 PM in response to hrytn

actually, i have the same model and i can report very similar behaviour. and just to make sure, i tested this on another mac (same model) of my friend - again, same thing. temps reach around 97C and fan speed stop climbing at around 3200 rpm.

i highly doubt that 2 macs of the same model show same behaviour by change.

imho, it looks like a software choice, because the temp reading is ok, and the fans do kick in, they just stop climbing. so again, this looks like a calculated choice and not by mistake.

(i am not saying this is ok, only that this is consistent with this model, perhaps sierra os will update this issue)

CPU Temperature 100°C

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.