Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore iPad Air 2 from iPhone & continuity issues

I just bought an iPad Air 2 and installed IOS 9.1 (which my phone is also running).

1. It works in continuity mode with my iPhone for messages and emails - both are signed into the same iCloud account.

However, if I answer an email on the iPad, the mail icon on my phone will still show 1 unread message, so this is not getting communicated to the phone. I want to deal with an email once (also shows up on my watch, so I have to deal with it there, even though the iPad was 'logged in' and active and the email app was open).

2. My contacts came over when iCloud continuity was setup, but ... all the contacts have a creation date and modification date of the date the iPad was setup, NOT the date each was modified or created.

I have an app that allows me to sort by these dates (who did I meet at the party last night?), and ... it's useless without the correct date.

3. When I air drop photos from the phone to the IPad, they are no longer in the correct order. I'd guess the creation date is getting messed up? I'm not using the cloud for photos.

4. There's no way to air drop a video (from the Apple videos app on the phone) to the iPad. Videos from inside photos can air drop, but videos from inside the Apple videos app cannot?

5. Some of these issues wouldn't exist if I could have restored from my iPhone. I tried this using iTunes (latest version on Yosimite) with an encrypted iPhone IOS 9.1 backup, and only some apps got restored.

I wanted all messages, photos & videos, settings, videos, etc. Actually, I wanted everything, including my Overcast podcasts, but messages, photos & videos, mail, etc. should have been restored from the backup (it took about 5 seconds to restore, and I have 10GB on my phone, so it didn't even try).

I called Apple and my tech said it was 'hit or miss' for restoring from an iPhone, which I do not understand at all?

Thanks!!

iPad Air, iOS 9.1, Air 2

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:40 PM

There are no replies.

restore iPad Air 2 from iPhone & continuity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.