Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the first name I see under "All Contacts".

My phone is showing the wrong name under all contacts. Its showing a person in my contact list. Siri is calling me that name as well. How do I change this? This is my first iPhone.

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 2:52 PM

5 replies

Dec 7, 2015 10:28 AM in response to Lutherlee

Hi there!

I've recently changed my name and soon after that updated all my accounts to fill in the new name.

But I still can find mail which was sent under my old name, which I've been using before (not only through Mail app on my iPad, but also Gmail and iCloud Mail on the web). It doesn't bother me much, but I'm a little bit perfectionist, so I'd like to have it gone and only see my current name.

Does anybody have a clue on how to solve this problem or I just should let it stay as it is?

Thank you in advance.

Dec 7, 2015 10:37 AM in response to AndreNoble

What do you mean you can find mail that was sent under your old name? Are you referring to mail that already existed in your inbox? If that is the case, then that mail is already there. You changing your name is not going to change that mail. If you don't want to look at that, then delete the mail. If it is mail coming from someone, it could have to do with the way they have you entered into their system.

How do I change the first name I see under "All Contacts".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.