Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sudden re-set of my iphone 5. All apps and data lost. No backup found in icloud.

In the middle of a phone call my iphone 5 just started a total re-set. After the re-set I had lost all my apps, and data like contacts, e-mail configurations, pictures.

The only backup that is available in the i-cloud and itunes is one from an old iphone 4, dating from 3 months ago. On that iphone 4, I store hardly any data, or apps.

When I now try to log on to itunes, it says 'the itunes folder is stored on a protected disc or you do not have the rights to write in this folder'.

Is there a way I can get my apps and data back, and find a more recent back-up?

Thank you in advance!

Erik

iPhone 5, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:03 PM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2015 11:35 PM in response to ep139640

Have you connected your iPhone 5 to the computer or enable iCloud backup for your iPhone 5 ever? If you have connected your iPhone 5 to the computer, you may find some auto backup for your iPhone 5. If you have enabled iCloud backup for your iPhone 5, there will have some backup in the iCloud. You may try to extract your iCloud or iTunes backup with easy iPhone recovery.

Dec 1, 2015 1:22 AM in response to AndrewYang2015

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I have connected my iPhone5 to the computer, and as far as I know, iCloud was enabled. I can't find any backups though. iCloud has only one back-up of my iPhone 4 a long time ago. On iTunes on one of my computers I believe I saw a back up of a couple of months ago of my iPhone5, but I get the message that I do not have the rights to get access to that back-up.

What is easy iPhone recovery and where do I get that?

Erik

sudden re-set of my iphone 5. All apps and data lost. No backup found in icloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.