Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I haven't used itunes for sometime and now have a new PC. I have updated my account (changed password) but when I log on all my music has gone?

I haven't used itunes for sometime and now have a new PC. I have updated my account (changed password) but when I log on all my music has gone? I am operating on Win 8 and still have part of my collection on an ipod.

OBS,iPod nano (3rd generation), Windows 8

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:36 PM

Unless you've subscribed to iTunes Match (which isn't a complete solution anyway) your iTunes Library is on your previous PC - simplest solution is to copy it from there or from a backup. See How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support for more information. Previous purchases from the iTunes Store may be available for re-download - see Download your past purchases - Apple Support.

If neither of these approaches allows you to recover your library content, see turingtest2's user tip on Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device for a list of tools and methods that can be used to copy media etc. from your iPod to iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 3:36 PM in response to ken571

Unless you've subscribed to iTunes Match (which isn't a complete solution anyway) your iTunes Library is on your previous PC - simplest solution is to copy it from there or from a backup. See How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support for more information. Previous purchases from the iTunes Store may be available for re-download - see Download your past purchases - Apple Support.

If neither of these approaches allows you to recover your library content, see turingtest2's user tip on Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device for a list of tools and methods that can be used to copy media etc. from your iPod to iTunes.

I haven't used itunes for sometime and now have a new PC. I have updated my account (changed password) but when I log on all my music has gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.