Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5s has been searching for weeks now with or without sim card in.

My iphone 5s has been searching for service for weeks now. If i take out the sim card it says searching if i keep it in it says searching. I factory settings reset my iphone and now i cant use it at all cause it cant even activate. If anyone can tell me how to fix it that would be fabulous or if you had the same problem before tell me if they had to replace your iphone.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:39 PM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2015 10:24 PM in response to Carty696

You'll want to try a few things, but ultimately this is probably an issue related to your wireless carrier. Follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot the Apple end of things. If the issues still persist after making it through that article, contact your wireless carrier and inquire specifically about account provisioning, local service outages and/or IMEI blocks in place on your account. If you can make it in to one of your carrier's stores have them test the issue by placing a known-good SIM card (that isn't provisioned with your account info yet) into the iPhone and then restore the device using Recovery Mode to see if the same issue occurs. You could also try the aforementioned step yourself by placing a friend or family member's SIM card into the iPhone and restoring via Recovery Mode to see if the issue persists. This step would help isolate the issue between the device or your wireless account.

My iphone 5s has been searching for weeks now with or without sim card in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.