Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Showtime on Apple TV (through Verizon)

I recently bought an Apple TV and am a Verizon Fios subscriber with Showtime access. I can't figure out how to log into showtime on apple TV. I see suggestions to use a showtime anytime account, but i use my verizon credentials to login. Those credentials don't work when i try on apple tv. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 6:19 PM

You'd need to follow up with your cable provider and/or Showtime. App developers support their own content...

I Recall another poster who called their cable provider to find out that the "anytime" service was not activated on his account Which prevented his being able to login via the ATV...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 6:19 PM in response to pablorynx

You'd need to follow up with your cable provider and/or Showtime. App developers support their own content...

I Recall another poster who called their cable provider to find out that the "anytime" service was not activated on his account Which prevented his being able to login via the ATV...

Apr 1, 2016 3:31 PM in response to pablorynx

I just got off the phone with Verizon, and they essentially said that you had to use the FiOS app to get streaming content. As this app isn't available in the Apple TV app store, I think this means that you're out of luck with respect to any app that requires account verification by your cable provider. I'm in the same boat and not pleased about it. If anyone has heard of a solution or way around this, I'd love to hear it.

Apr 1, 2016 3:59 PM in response to GSPGal

That is due to the agreement that Verizon Fios has with the content owners. There are MANY cable satallite providers that do have agreements with the content owners that allow access to the streaming apps on ATV. I use Direct tv and they are supported on all apps I have tried. My parents have xfinity (comcast) and they have access to all the apps they have tried.

IF you scroll down to the bottom of this link it has a list of all cable providers that have agreements with showtime anytime. http://www.sho.com/sho/showtime-anytime

Showtime on Apple TV (through Verizon)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.