Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPh 5 turning on by itself

I have an iPhone 5 running on iOS 9.0.2 and not only does the power turn on by itself-a few seconds after I've turned it off but the screen's dim control comes up and activates when you are not in Settings and a song starts playing when I don't even have Music app on.

What can I do to remedy this? Has anyone even seen it before?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:54 PM

I've never seen it, try a forced restart. You will lose no data at all when you do this.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

4 replies

Nov 30, 2015 4:00 PM in response to Demo

I'll keep this in mind. Of course I won't know if your solution does anything until the next time it happens, but thanks.

When it first started happening I was in New Orleans so I thought (jokingly) maybe I passed to close to a voodoo shop or someone put a curse on me. At that point it was just too strange to describe. But it just happened in Charlotte airport and here in NYC I've gotten passed the witchcraft phase.

iPh 5 turning on by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.