Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer only apps and contacts to new phone

i am getting a new iPhone how can I only transfer the apps and contacts I don't want my music or videos to transfer

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 4:58 PM

If you plan on restoring an iCloud backup, there is nothing you can do to select only apps and contacts. It is all or nothing with iCloud, If you are restoring an iTumes backup, you select the apps and contacts that you want to sync in iTunes after the backup is restored. The phone will sync automatically after you restore the backup, but you can sync again after selecting only apps and contacts to sync, assuming that your contacts are stored locally on your computer. If your contacts are in iCloud, you can download them again after signing into iCloud and turning on Contacts in Settings>iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 4:58 PM in response to Vonnlo

If you plan on restoring an iCloud backup, there is nothing you can do to select only apps and contacts. It is all or nothing with iCloud, If you are restoring an iTumes backup, you select the apps and contacts that you want to sync in iTunes after the backup is restored. The phone will sync automatically after you restore the backup, but you can sync again after selecting only apps and contacts to sync, assuming that your contacts are stored locally on your computer. If your contacts are in iCloud, you can download them again after signing into iCloud and turning on Contacts in Settings>iCloud.

Transfer only apps and contacts to new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.