Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Disney XD App Error

Apple TV, 3rd generation all up to date, Disney XD app logged in through Charter gets: "Error you may not have permission to play this content. Please adjust your parental control levels to view this content." message when trying to play something or it gets stuck on "Accessing Disney XD" with the wheel spinning. The parental controls on the Apple TV are turned off & controls through Charter allows everything. Tried logging out then back in with TV provider & restarting Apple TV & did not work. First time I used the Disney XD app it worked fine then a couple months ago it stopped.

Apple TV, Other OS

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 6:10 PM

11 replies

Dec 2, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Tiffan9761

Hi Tiffan9761,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there's an issue playing content in the Disney XD app on your Apple TV. If you haven't already, try contacting the content provider and letting them know about the alert message that you're seeing.

Contact Apple TV content providers - Apple Support

Disney XD

Cheers.

Apr 3, 2016 8:24 AM in response to Tsukitora

Thanks Tsukitora!

It would seem the message on the screen is not very accurate.It seems like the Disney Apps want you to re-authenticate every so often, and THIS is the message you get, which includes the wording about it being related to "parental controls". It's not, they just want to you re-validate with your content provider.

Disney, fix your App! My other Apps give me the correct message, that I need to re-authenticate. You should do the same.

Aug 1, 2016 9:35 AM in response to Tiffan9761

Just to be most explicit, this error is Disney wanting you to re-authenticate your provider.
It happens to me periodically with Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and DisneyXD.

From the main Apple TV screen, go to the Disney app you're having the problem with.
Go to the settings tab.

Sign out.
Now you can sign in, and re-authenticate using the provided code on your PC.

Stupid PITA.

Nov 26, 2016 1:55 PM in response to Robert Maher

We did exactly what everyone is recommending here signing out of our provider and signing back in and we still get the same error message - you may not have permission to play this content please adjust your parental control levels to view this content - It makes no sense it's very frustrating to my daughter and I don't know if it's a dish issue if it's an Apple TV issue or if it's a Disney issue

Apple TV Disney XD App Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.