Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I program my remote to work with a Bose Solo?

I cant get this to work using the typical method. Help!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:35 PM

6 replies

Dec 1, 2015 6:40 PM in response to JKENT

So I called Apple and they're telling me that a Bose Solo 10 isn't compatible with the new AppleTV. I'm not sure I believe that considering it has been compatible with older Apple TVs. Anyone have an idea on how to program the Apple TV remote to control the volume of the Bose Solo 10? Thanks in advance.

Dec 31, 2015 3:24 PM in response to JKENT

So are we just out of luck? I heard of the Bose Solo turning on on it's own when you hold the power button down and the light turns amber. Well mine only turns red and I imagine that it's in error, but I also cannot control the volume of the Bose solo with the Siri Remote. Could it be the type of TV we are using? I'm using a 40" Samsung TV from 2009.

Jan 4, 2016 1:02 PM in response to pennstaterav4

I did stumble upon a workaround. My programmed my DISH remote to control the volume of my Bose Solo. So I thought I would try to setup my Bose again through Apple TV using the DISH remote instead of the Bose remote. Alas, it worked! The DISH remote obviously knows the correct signals to send and they're signals the Apple TV can learn unlike the signals from the Bose remote. I would try and use another remote in your house like your TV, Satellite or Cable remote and see if you can program your Bose to it. Then use that to setup your Bose in Apple TV. Hope this helps.

How do I program my remote to work with a Bose Solo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.