Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data stored in cloud takes forever to load

Photographs that have been uploaded to iCloud can take anything up to ten minutes to download to an iOS device, but that's not the worst of it. Emails that contain nothing but words - no photographs, no attachments of any kind - can take 10 minutes or more to download, and sometimes don't download at all. I've just given up on an email containing nothing but text that was still downloading after nearly half an hour. My wifi connection is otherwise reasonably fast. Is this the normal situation with the cloud, and if it is, can anyone explain to me why I should continue using it? If it's not normal can anyone suggest measures I can take to solve the problem?

iPad Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:02 PM

9 replies

Dec 1, 2015 8:49 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Perhaps you're right, but this situation has prevailed in a dozen different locations across a dozen different wifi connections. It was like this in Malaga, in Sevilla, Cordoba, Cadiz, Granada, Paris, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney. I fear that something else is involved but can't imagine what it might be. What, other than wifi, could be causing the problem?

Dec 6, 2015 6:39 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I called Apple support, spoke to a nice bloke who was mystified as to what was causing the problem. Told me he'd consult with the experts in there and call me back. That was 4 days ago. He's never called me back. The problem remains. I'm surprised that someone out there hasn't described something similar or suggested a solution. Surely this problem can't be unique in the world of Apple? If it's as you say, something to do with my set up, can you offer any thoughts as to where in my set up I should be looking?

Dec 7, 2015 12:15 PM in response to Winston Churchill

The problem was evident on both my iOS devices and was evident whether using wifi or not. I phoned Apple again yesterday and after a couple of hours of trouble-shooting signed out of iCloud on both devices, losing all data on those devices, then initiated a new iCloud connection which so far seems to be working properly. Thanks for your involvement.

Data stored in cloud takes forever to load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.