Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my songs keep disappearing in my playlist

Hi all,

Bought an Ipod I have not had one before.. I have had this computer for a couple of years and I am running Windows 10. I deleted my iTunes and installed new. Had all my mp3's in one folder on desktop and imported this to iTunes asking it to duplicate into iTunes folder. Randomly, songs are missing from iTunes program but are still in the iTunes folder, and I have to locate the songs after ITunes prompts me too. about a good third of my library then has the circled i in front of it. I have deleted all of it and started over twice now. Why does it keep losing all this music that's in the folder? I have not synced the ipod yet because it keeps doing this. I can't keep losing songs and then locating each one every time I want to play something. Also, some forums say it should prompt to locate all missing songs, but it does not, I have add each one individually from the same folder. Gonna have to return this thing if there is no fix for this, please help.

iPod touch, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 4:59 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 2:16 AM in response to rocnroll

rocnroll wrote:

I deleted my iTunes and installed new.

Why?

rocnroll wrote:

Randomly, songs are missing from iTunes program but are still in the iTunes folder, and I have to locate the songs after ITunes prompts me too. about a good third of my library then has the circled i in front of it. I have deleted all of it and started over twice now. Why does it keep losing all this music that's in the folder?

If you keep deleting things, then no wonder you're having issues.

1. Don't simply delete things, work out what the issue is. Ask here if you need to.
  2. Work with the songs you have now. Connect your iPod and allow it to Sync with your iTunes Library.
  3. Once you understand how iTunes works, start finding the lost music and re-adding it to your library.

One thing I have to ask (given your predilection for deleting things); are you deleting or moving songs from or on your computer once you have added them to your iTunes Library? If so, don't.

iTunes is simply a database (or catalogue) of the music on your computer. The music is not "in" iTunes, it is where you put it. When you see a song listed in iTunes, all iTunes is doing is making a note of where the song is located on your computer. So if you then move the song to somewhere else, or delete it because you think it's duplicated, then iTunes will not be able to find it and it will place an exclamation mark next to the song.

User uploaded file

my songs keep disappearing in my playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.