Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alignment Guides

A Blind User Wants To Know

Not all features of GarageBand are going to be available to me but, nonetheless, I'd like to understand how things work or are supposed to work.

A sighted helper couldn't see anything changing on the screen when I selected Alignment Guides in the Edit menu. Perhaps some condition(s) must be in effect before the alignment guides change or do anything?

Also, from what I've read, it seems that the only way to change alignment values for the snap to grid function is via horizontal zoom. Suppose you want to snap to bars or beats or divisions, is adjusting horizontal zoom the only way to do this?If so, I can only assume that this method is capable of precision. Seems that a popup control that lets you specify a value might be helpful. In any case,do objects such as regions or notes only snap to alignment guides or can they snap to invisible divisions in between alignment lines?

If anyone would be so kind as to explain the ins and outs of using alignment guides and what is happening visually, I'd be most grateful. Oh, and please explain how one changes snap to grid values if other than by horizontal zoom. I suppose that a blind person would want to turn off snap to grid and just manually position regions by specifying Bar, beat, division, and tick before pasting. Otherwise, how would one know what a region is snapping to?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13"

GarageBand 10.1

Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface

GarageBand 10, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:21 PM

There are no replies.

Alignment Guides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.