Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover video from photo booth

I accidentally deleted a really important 40 minute long interview I recorded on Photo Booth. Is there anyway to recover it without using expensive data recovery software?

Macbook Pro

Yosemite

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 4:38 PM

Do you have Time Machine enabled or some other backup plan? The videos are stored in Photo Booth Library that's located in your Pictures folder.

Go into the Pictures folder, select the Photo Booth Library,

User uploaded file

enter Time Machine, go back to just before you deleted that recording and restore the library. I'd save both of the libraries in case there's something on the current one that was not in the older library.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2016 4:38 PM in response to apple5039

Do you have Time Machine enabled or some other backup plan? The videos are stored in Photo Booth Library that's located in your Pictures folder.

Go into the Pictures folder, select the Photo Booth Library,

User uploaded file

enter Time Machine, go back to just before you deleted that recording and restore the library. I'd save both of the libraries in case there's something on the current one that was not in the older library.

User uploaded file

How to recover video from photo booth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.