Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

songs purchased not in my library

I purchased 20 songs recently. Each of them had an ! next to them. They downloaded initially to my ipods, but since then, I can't play any of them in iTunes and each time I try, it asks would you like to locate the files? I say yes and it gives me a directory. I have searched everywhere, but no songs: I went to GET INFO and looked at where the file is stored. It gives me something beginning with file://localhost/C:/, etc. What the heck is that.

I tried deleting the files from the library so I could download them again, but they hid the songs I deleted from iTunes and now I can't see them at all.

how do I get the songs I purchased into my library and playable, no !. My library is stored on an external drive.

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 8

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:46 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 12:51 AM in response to daraj13

If you've now deleted them from the My Music section of your library, and you've checked to see if you've hidden them from the cloud and unhidden them if they are (Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support), then go to the Purchased section and see if you can redownload them : click on your name / icon towards the top right of iTunes and then click Purchased on the popup or click on the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

You won't be able to redownload them if they are no longer in your country's store or if you've moved countries since buying them. If that is the case and you have them on your iPod then do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases in iTunes to copy them back, or copy them back from your backup of your downloads/library and add them to your iTunes via File > Add To Library.

songs purchased not in my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.