Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete iTunes Match local iOS data

Hello,

I've had this issue with iTunes Match since iOS 8 first came out. I have a 8GB iPhone 4S and space is kind of tight as it is, but when I use iTunes Match to listen to my music, I can't manually delete the locally downloaded music files. As I understand, once a track is downloaded through Match onto the iPhone for listening, it should appear under Storage settings where the Music app should be taking space equal to how big the downloaded song file is, and under that you can manually delete the files, either one by one or all at once.

The problem is that "Music" never appears under Storage, nor has it since iOS 8. The only way I can get more space and remove the local music files is by disabling, then re-enabling iTunes Match from the iPhone settings, after which it resets the library and removes all local Match data. However this can take up to 5 minutes and isn't exactly a great way to do it when the more obvious way should already be there under storage management.

I've written roughly a dozen bug reports about this since iOS 8 came out but the problem is still there. Is anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 4s (8GB), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 6:47 PM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2015 12:11 PM in response to Cylermi

Hate to keep replying to this, but the problem still persists in iOS 9.2.

I know it's possible for "Music" to show up under "usage" or whatever it's called because.. well, sometimes it does show up. But not for all tracks, just random ones. At the moment I have approximately 600MB of space used due to downloaded iTunes Match content (not because iOS shows that, but because I've literally kept a tally by myself), yet "Music" under "usage" shows just one track I've listened to, amounting to 5,5MB. Why isn't any of the other music I've listened to through Match showing up on this list?

Can't delete iTunes Match local iOS data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.