Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix sudden increased motion on iphone 6s plus without turning on reduced motion

I have got an iphone 6s plus for about a week. Recently, I found out that the status bar appeared to be slow sometime(not every single time). It happened after unlocking the phone which was left sleeping for quite long time. It becomes fine after first unlocking but it is quite annoying. And also sometimes the motion of the phone suddenly increased without changing any setting. It is fixed by rebooting the phone again. It is quite annoying too.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:53 PM

5 replies

Dec 2, 2015 7:49 AM in response to Andy7353

Good Morning Andy7353,

If your profile is correct and the iOS you are currently running is iOS 9.0.2, the first thing I would suggest is to update the software on your iPhone 6s. Sometimes a Force Restart will resolve an issue if starting your device doesn't work. Finally, you can adjust the motion settings on your iPhone. The links below will provide more details. Give these troubleshooting steps a try and let us know if one of these steps resolves your issue.

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204

How to force restart
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Reduce screen motion on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202655

You might also see motion in apps like Weather and Messages. To reduce these types of movement, go to Settings > General > Accessibility, and turn on Reduce Motion.

Happy Holidays to you!

Dec 6, 2015 12:22 AM in response to judysings

HI, judysings. ThankQ for your advice. However, the problem is still there after I updated to iOS 9.1. I'm currently on iOS 9.1. But there Is still no fix for that bug. And it becomes more frequently. I have try the restart method But it still tends to reappear on my iPhone again. there is no issue other than that. Just that it is quite annoying. The unlock screen appears a while after I unlock it and it indicates that the motion increases by itself. cant fix with reduce motion. it just seem like both on and off of the reduce motion being combined.

Dec 6, 2015 6:57 AM in response to Andy7353

Hi Andy7353,

Thanks for the update. Since the issue is still happening after the update, I would suggest having one of our technical advisors delve into this further for you. If you purchased the iPhone at an Apple Retail store, I would suggest making an appointment with a Genius so that s/he can physically inspect the iPhone so they can see what you are describing. Click on one of the links below to initiate that service:

Contact Apple or take your affected product to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store to determine which service and support options are available. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).

Dec 13, 2015 6:49 PM in response to judysings

Hi judysings,

I have updated my phone to ios 9.2 recently and I'm glad that the performance improves a lot. But still I keep go into the common issue. Sorry for that I'm actually outstation. There is no Apple Retail Store around me. So please allow me to share what I find out recently. The motion increased when I swiped down the screen to do spotlight search frequently. It is just like I cant swipe down the screen for spotlight search more than 3 times after I unlock the screen. I wonder why does this happen. Is it something related to hardware? I also found it on other idevice on ios 9.2.

how to fix sudden increased motion on iphone 6s plus without turning on reduced motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.