Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Software Instrument

Hi, I have an idea for something i'd like to do, i'm not sure if it is possible with Garageband, but i'd like to be able to import a sound of my own creation and, maybe using the plugin I listed or not, be able to take that sound and have it automatically pitched to a keyboard, so I could play that sound using musical typing or an external keyboard. I'm using the TX16Wx Software Sampler from CWITEK (http://www.tx16wx.com), and I am able to import a sound and assign it to a specific key on the keyboard, but I can't have it apply to all of the keys to pitch itself to play. I am pretty sure this is possible because I took a stock marimba sound from Garageband application support, made sure it was not in the folder with some of its other pitched sounds, and imported it into the same plugin. When I imported it, it applied itself to all of the keys and pitched, so that I could play it just like a piano. If someone super smart about this or just a newbie like me could help me do this, that'd be great. Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Garageband 10

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:38 PM

There are no replies.

Custom Software Instrument

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.