Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not charging- switching between connected and not connected

I have an iPad 3 I think. Normally when I plug it into its regular wall charger with the 30pin cable I get a ping sound letting me know it's connected. Then the icon switches from battery to the lightning bolt indicating a connection to the wall. In other words, it's charging. But now when I plug it in I get the ping sound, followed by another ping sound telling me it's not connected and then connected again "ping" not connected, connected again "ping", etc. Over and over again. The connection lasts less than 5 seconds and then reconnects with another ping sound.

Nothing about the USB 30 pin cable seems to be a problem.

Why is it doing this? How can I fix it so that it charges from the wall?

Thanks

iPad, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:39 PM

3 replies

Nov 30, 2015 6:06 PM in response to Steve Panther

This is almost certainly a problem with the cable or less likely with the pins in the iPad. If you, or a friend has another cable, you should try that and see if the problem goes away. If the problem goes away, then your cable is damaged. If the problem does not go away, then take your iPad in to an Apple Store to have the hardware tested.

iPad not charging- switching between connected and not connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.