Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error code 8012- cannot finish downloading movie I have paid to watch

error code 8012 - cannot finish downloading movie I have paid for as

it says there were problems downloading some purchased items

- there was a problem downloading the artwork for the movie I have rented.....

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:26 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2015 7:27 AM in response to pedfa13

Hi pedfa13,

If the movie you purchased did not completely download from the iTunes Store, there are a couple of things you can try:

• Check for interrupted downloads
  • Redownload the content
  • Report the issue to iTunes Store Support team

I've highlighted some key information in the resources below. Click on the links for more details.

Resume interrupted iTunes Store download
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204312

Restart a download on a Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
    If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.

If you still can't restart your downloads, try the steps below:

• Restart your computer.
  • Check for updates for your Mac and install any software updates. Also, update any security software you might have, such as anti-virus, anti-malware, or firewall.
  • If you use Wi-Fi for Internet access, use a different Wi-Fi network when you download. If you connect to a home network, restart your Wi-Fi router. Also, check for and install any firmware updates for your Wi-Fi router. Refer to your router manufacturer's website for information on how to update its firmware.
  • Use an Ethernet cable for wired Internet access instead of using Wi-Fi.

Download your past purchases
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Redownload a movie, TV show, or music video

You can only redownload a movie, TV show, or music video that you bought from the iTunes Store. Rented movies are not available for redownload.

On a Mac

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click More User uploaded file in the upper-left corner.
  3. Click Movies User uploaded file or TV Shows User uploaded file from the pop-up menu.
  4. Click iTunes Store.
  5. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  6. Under Movie Quick Links or TV Show Quick Links on the right side of the iTunes Store, click Purchased.

User uploaded file
  7. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.

User uploaded file
  8. Scroll to find the item that you want to download.
  9. Click the Download icon User uploaded file in the upper-right corner of the item that you want to download. Your item downloads to your library.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Report a problem with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084

Learn how you can request help with an item purchased within the last 90 days.

To report a problem or request assistance with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store:

1. Visit reportaproblem.apple.com in your browser.
  2. When prompted, enter the Apple ID and password used to initiate the purchase of the item, then click Sign In.
  3. Find the item you're having a problem with, then click Report a Problem next to it.
  4. From the Choose Problem menu, choose the issue you're having.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions. You might be asked to describe the problem in a text field.
  6. Click Submit, and we'll review your problem.

Hope that helps ...

error code 8012- cannot finish downloading movie I have paid to watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.