Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will restoring data from an older iPad erase the apps that are included with the Air 2?

I purchased a new iPad Air 2 and would like to restore from my backup of my old iPad 2 in order to get my apps, files, etc transferred over without having to move them all individually... But in doing so, will I lose the apps that are included with the Air 2, like Numbers, iMovie, Keynote, etc? Because obviously I would like to keep those.

I would be restoring from a backup of my old iPad 2 saved on my PC. Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers!

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:32 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 7:52 PM in response to lovelyllama

You should not lose those apps because they are linked to your Apple ID, not a specific device.

Backup your old iPad. then set up your new one and when you have the choice to set up as new or restore from backup, choose to restore from backup and restore from the backup you just made from your old iPad.

Once that's done, you can always go out and redownload your Pages, etc.

I set up my new ipod from my old one that way and it worked just fine.

Will restoring data from an older iPad erase the apps that are included with the Air 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.