Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Startup Disk Found

I erased my hard drive and reinstalled OS X around 14 hours ago, and the problem came around 2 hours ago.

My Macbook was running low on battery, so I just shut it, and a few minutes later it suddenly turned on and without starting up, it showed flashing folder with a question mark.

I tried restarting my Mac by recovery start and everything, and now there is no startup disk to be found.

I restarted my Mac again into recovery mode just in case (twice) and each time it did an internet search stuff, and still there is not startup disk.

Do I need to get my hard drive replaced? (I'd prefer not to because my insurance just expired and don't want to risk much money)

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 13-inch, Mid 2012

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 6:35 PM

5 replies

Dec 1, 2015 1:20 AM in response to itsharrietj

What do yo mean by "I restarted my Mac again into recovery mode just in case (twice) and each time it did an internet search stuff, and still there is not startup disk."

If the disk does show in Disk Utility and it shows but a repair of the disk is not successful that either indicates a fail disk or a bad connection.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Diagnostics are free.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

No Startup Disk Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.