Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have got a continual e mail appearing in my in box, no sender no content 1/1/1970 how do you get rid of it?

I have got a continual e mail appearing in my in box, no sender no content 1/1/1970 how do you get rid of it?

iPad Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 12:57 AM

Try turning the account off and on : Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars , then tap the account on the right-hand side of the screen, on the popup slide Mail to 'off', exit settings and go back into the Mail app, and then go back to Settings and slide Mail back to 'on'

If that doesn't fix it then try closing the Mail app via the iPad’s multitasking bar : double-click the home button to open the taskbar and then swipe or drag the Mail app's 'screen' up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

Also do a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2015 12:57 AM in response to Happy anne

Try turning the account off and on : Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars , then tap the account on the right-hand side of the screen, on the popup slide Mail to 'off', exit settings and go back into the Mail app, and then go back to Settings and slide Mail back to 'on'

If that doesn't fix it then try closing the Mail app via the iPad’s multitasking bar : double-click the home button to open the taskbar and then swipe or drag the Mail app's 'screen' up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

Also do a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.