Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 6 and my boyfriend has a Samsung Note 3. We have been able to text each other and everything perfectly fine until now. The problem now is I will recive whatever message he sends me but he will not receive anything I send him.

I have an iPhone 6 and my boyfriend has a Samsung Note 3. We have been able to text each other and everything perfectly fine until now. The problem now is I will recive whatever message he sends me but he will not receive anything I send him. I can recive anyone else's messages and they recive mine except for him. Does anyone by any chance know how to fix this proble?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 8:43 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2015 8:03 AM in response to iselaaa

Good Morning iselaaa,

Has something changed recently on one of your devices? If you are having an issue sending to only one contact (your boyfriend), follow the steps below. Your boyfriend should follow similar steps for his Samsung phone.

If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065

If your messages aren't sending, or you aren't getting messages

Check your contact information:
Make sure that you're using the right phone number or email address for the contact.
Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked and make sure that the contact isn't on your block list.
If messages won't send to a certain person or you need help with group messages
Sometimes your messages won't send to a particular contact, or you might have issues with group messages. For example, you might reply to a group conversation and receive your own message. Or you might get a new phone number and see your old one listed as a recipient in an existing group conversation.

Delete the conversation* that has the issue and start a new conversation:

*When you delete a conversation, you won’t be able to recover it. If you want to save parts of conversations or their attachments, you can take screenshots. You can also touch and hold an attachment or message bubble, then tap More > Save.

Open Messages and look at your list of conversations.
Swipe from right to left on the conversation you want to delete. Then tap Delete.
Open Messages, tap , and enter the phone number or email address of your contact or contacts.
Write a new message and tap send.

Restart your device and check for updates

Restart your device.
Check for a carrier settings update.
Check for an iOS software update.

Happy Holidays to you!

I have an iPhone 6 and my boyfriend has a Samsung Note 3. We have been able to text each other and everything perfectly fine until now. The problem now is I will recive whatever message he sends me but he will not receive anything I send him.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.