Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset locked game software when colored "wheel" is spinning

Hello, Every now and then when playing Cribbage on my iMac, I inadvertantly press an inappropriate key. Sometimes this causes the little colored "wheel" to start spinning as if the computer is processing the input. The problem is that it never stopped spinning. Even worse, the computer cannot be shut down by normal means when this occurs. One literally has to unplug the computer, and then boot up again. Surely there is a better way (e.g., alt-del, or some other combination input). Does anyone happen to know what that way is? Thanks so much, Jack

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 10:46 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2015 9:10 AM in response to jackofarabia

Hi Jack,
Sorry to hear that you are running into issues while playing your game. Let's see what could be the issue.
When playing your game, I would also open up Activity Monitor. This will show you what process is giving you issues when you get into that situation again. You can even use Activity Monitor to force close that process or application that is giving you those issue.
Take a look at the article below for more details.
Use Activity Monitor on your Mac
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201464

Have a good day

Reset locked game software when colored "wheel" is spinning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.