Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 Pro upgrade version 1511.10586 not properly shutting down running in Boot Camp Mac Mini (late 2012) El Capitan

Hello,

This is more of an advisory than a question. So here's my set-up. Mac Mini (late 2012) with: USB Super Drive, LaCie 1 TB Thunderbolt ext. HD, 1 TB My Passport USB ext. HD, Apple USB Full Keyboard and Track Pad. Asus PA248Q monitor on HDMI.

Initial Windows 10 Pro goes extremely smooth. I have El Capitan on the Thunderbolt HD and using the Internal for Windows 10 Pro through Boot Camp. Startup and Shutdown smooth all runs well and stable. <THEN>

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade version 1511.10586 takes place through MS Updates, that also goes well. After all is said and done and little tweaks made. Shutdown. First display is killed, HD stop, Mac Mini Power LED goes out. The USB Hub stays active with power to charge Cell Phones and the sleep LED flashing on the My Passport USB HD.

So I say not properly shutting down my only true question: Is this a feature that is backed by strong demand by the populous? If so, I guess I can live with it. This does not happen until the version upgrade. All is normal prior to the upgrade.

Cheers!!😐

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Windows 10 Pro in Boot Camp

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:41 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2015 9:42 PM in response to jndupuis1

Update

Removed the Windows Installation via Boot Camp Assistant. Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro initial release and set Updates settings to Divert Upgrades, Shutdown problem solved for now.

Installing Windows 10 via Boot Camp Assistant is the only real stable method. After three months of running Windows 10 and 7 Pro (stand-alone) on the Internal Macintosh HD, stability problems arise. Windows has no method of control to SMC or NPRAM. Windows Upgrade version 1511.10586 does have some issues that need addressing to run more fluid on Mac (late 2012). Later models may not be experiencing the issues I have encountered. Bottom line, BCA or VM for a solid Windows install on the Mac. I am using my 1 TB LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt HD for El Capitan. Using the maximum Internal Macintosh HD that BCA will allow. This leaves a 13 GB GPT Partition that I will use for misc. small files or documents. Running like clockwork.

Cheers!! 😉

Windows 10 Pro upgrade version 1511.10586 not properly shutting down running in Boot Camp Mac Mini (late 2012) El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.