Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 iOS 9.1 Siri is not working without headphones

I bought this phone 2 weeks ago and Siri was working fine now it just won't work. This is frustrating as I changed to iPhone due to it's portrayed readiness and now it's just a disappointment. Have searched 2 days for a solution but even when it seems as a common issue Apple doesn't post one. Please provide it ASAP. Is there a solution or should I just return this device

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:39 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 9:46 PM in response to rrecalde

Hi rrecalde!

You might try a few things. Siri issues are generally always software related and can be fixed in one of the following ways:

1. Make sure that the iPhone is not connected to any external Bluetooth devices when you're trying to use Siri (i.e. headphones, wireless speaker, car stereo, etc.)

2. Toggle Siri off/on under Settings → General → Siri

3. Make sure your headphone jack is free of visible debris

4. Try utilizing Settings → General → Reset → Reset All Settings. This will not erase any content but may reset some minor settings like your background, location services preferences, saved WiFi networks, etc.

5. If all else fails, create a backup of the iPhone to either iCloud or iTunes and then restore the iPhone. After restoring, you'll want to temporarily set up the iPhone as "a new device" to see if you're still having the same issues under default settings. If the issue seems fixed at that point, attempt to bring back your backup. If the issue comes back with the backup, then the backup is corrupt and you'll need to set up as new.

iPhone 6 iOS 9.1 Siri is not working without headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.