Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting project to 24 fps

Hi. I'm working in final cut 7.0.3. I'm working on a project, and when I look at a clip in item properties, it says 23.98 for the fps. How can I get this to 24 fps? Is there a certain way to set up the project to maintain 24fps throughout? I've tried setting up several new projects, and the sequences start at 24, but as soon as I bring in any media, they revert to 23.98. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:10 PM

6 replies

Nov 30, 2015 10:59 PM in response to Jay Shindell

Ah...yes. Well, simply do into the AUDIO VIDEO SETTINGS, Sequence presets tab. Duplicate the setting closest to the one you want, and edit the duplicate to be the frame rate you want. Although if your footage is coming in 24fps, if you drop it into a new sequence, that sequence should automatically adopt that frame rate. If it isn't, then are you sure the footage you are getting is true 24fps?

setting project to 24 fps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.