Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring from backup on iPhone 6S

I accidentally deleted some threads in my messages that contained information I wanted to keep In an attempt to get them back, I did a restore from backup. Everything appeared okay, except NONE of my messages were restored. Not just the ones I was trying to get back, but ALL threads were gone. It appears this same issue has occurred amongst many iPhone 6S/+ users. I contacted support and nobody seems to know anything that might help. One rep even tried to tell me that messages are no longer backed up to iCloud with the new software, however, information on the Apple website still claims that messages are in fact backed up (the page I read this on was only updated just over a week ago). The only thing that seems to be working for people is restoring from their previous phone backup. I feel that I would be missing so much at this point by doing that and don't know if it's worth it.

Has anyone else that experienced this issue found any solution yet or now of anything Apple has done to fix the problem? Do you think I'll ever be able to get any of these messages back?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 12:52 AM

1 reply

Restoring from backup on iPhone 6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.