Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working over cellular network

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and two weeks ago I updated to iOS 9.1. Since then, I have been unable to send/receive iMessages over cellphone connection (text messages are fine). I can send iMessages over wifi without any issue. It seems that also the notifications from apps are not being pushed over cellphone connection, since as soon as I connect to wifi I get many of them.

So far, I have logged in and out of the cloud, itunes, etc. I even reset the network settings without luck. Yesterday, I backed everything to the cloud and erased all context and setting (and got everything back from the cloud). It did not solve the problem either.

I would appreciate any help!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:57 PM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 10:24 AM in response to rubenjugar

I have the same problem. Who is your carrier? I have T-Mobile. I haven't noticed an issue with other notifications, but I definitely cannot send iMessages or FaceTime if I am not connected to wifi. I had a 6 when the problem started, so I got a new SIM card and upgraded to the 6S, and the problem still persists. I have tried everything you have tried, and more.

iMessage not working over cellular network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.