Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wrong update available on App store

Hi everyone

On the updates available in my "app store" application (on my iMac) i have an availability (or invitation lol ) to upgrade El capitan to 10.11.1 but my actual installed (and working ) version of El capitan is 10.11.2 !!!

What to do so that app store will takes this in consideration ?

Thanks in advance

Alain

Imac G5 17inch Isight, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Faulty display... Repaired out of warranty by Apple

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 11:23 PM

4 replies

Dec 1, 2015 1:49 AM in response to tintinlad

Is App Store set to download automatically, you can change these settings in System Preferences.

El Capitan 10.11.2 is beta software, are you signed up for beta releases.

What does About This Mac say.

Your 'profile' on these forums seems to be out of date, if you have a G5 iMac and 10.5.6, you would not be able to

upgrade to El Capitan.

Dec 1, 2015 2:45 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Hi Eau rouge

Yes app storepref has download automatic enable . I didn't know it was beta software no Im not signed up for that BUT i had a problem with el capitan and it was reinstalled through the security boot process and after that is was on 10.11.2 as stated in the About this mac window.

and yes my profile needs updating Im on iMac intel core I5 (2011).

Can I just try to update through the store to the "older" 10.11.1 version ? would that work or create havoc ?

Other options ?

Thanks

Dec 1, 2015 5:36 AM in response to tintinlad

You can try and re download El Capitan full installer from the App Store/ Purchases page, once downloaded and before going

ahead with the Install, go to your Application folder and make a copy of the Install Mac OS X El Capitan.app, to a usb stick or some other off board media.

makes re-installing quicker, avoiding having to re-download should you encounter further problems.

The full installer is now 10.11.1.

it should be ok to go back, i recently reinstalled 10.11 over a install of 10.11.1, and then once 10.11 was installed updated to 10.11.1

with no problems. And you shouldn't lose your data. BUT please make a back up first, on an external disk.

Or you could wait for 10.11.2 public release, which should be available soon, and download the Combo update from the Apple Support Downloads pages

when it appears.

wrong update available on App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.