Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes autoplays when bluetooth audio devices used

I am using MacbookPro 15" with Retina 2013, El Capitan. I use this with a Plantronics Voyager ear piece for audio telephony (Cisco Jabber), the device is paired with my Macbook and my Cisco desk phone. I also use wired keyboard (occasional bluetooth k/b) and a Magic Trackpad 2. In order to get optimal performance with the ear piece, I set my Sound default to PLT Voyager Output / Input - Bluetooth. However, this triggers iTunes to to start playing music from my playlists without my input and creates interference (sound quality) via the ear piece etc. This doesn't happen under wired headset devices with the bluetooth k/b, mouse or trackpad. Only bluetooth headsets such as the PLT earpiece or my B&O headphones. To me this feels like a bug in iTunes handling with bluetooth audio devices as opposed to specific bluetooth devices, I will note that both the PLT Voyager and B&O headphones share the same Cambridge Silicon Radio manufacturer. Anyone else get similar ?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 11:20 PM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2015 10:00 PM in response to AraiRX7GP

More news from Apple Support on this, apparently this is triggered by AVRCP in bluetooth audio devices, iTunes is listening for any device that uses this protocol and then starts to play last known item in playlist. There isn't any current way to toggle this on or off within the OS or App, which to say the least is ****** frustrating ! iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles - Apple Support

iTunes autoplays when bluetooth audio devices used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.