Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I burn a dvd with iMovie?

So my wife is going to use hones tech VIdbox for Mac to convert old VHS-C tapes to DVD. Issue I'm coming across after reading multiple blogs on Apple support community is that iMovie 10.1 does not have a dvd burn option or share option. What I'm trying to do is find the simplest way for either her or I to utilize iMovie to create and edit the DVD and then burn them!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! Its supposed to be a family present for Xmas!!!

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:56 PM

6 replies

Dec 1, 2015 9:24 AM in response to Joshua L's

For that you will iDVD.

Why is there no iDVD on my new Mac? How do I get it and how do I install it?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3673

To burn a DVD with iDVD from the latest version of iMovie, you have to export the movie using the Export button and select 480p as the size. Open iDVD and start a new project, then drag that exported movie file into the iDVD menu window, avoiding any drop zones you see.

Jul 24, 2016 8:23 AM in response to P-B

There isn't an Export option. Apple is turning away from users by doing stupid things. For instance, they've eliminated the CD/DVD drive. What, do they think nobody wants to create their own movies on DVD any more? Yes, I have the super-drive external to burn with, but that's so 1990 isn't it?

And they've whacked iDVD. What the ****? One of the most important features about Apple computers was EVERYTHING I NEED WAS INTEGRATED AND INCLUDED. Not any more.

So, to your question, use the File>Share>File option. Buy an old copy of iLife off eBay. I'm using iDVD 7.1.2 with my iMovie 10.1.2

how do I burn a dvd with iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.