Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem copying photos from compact flash card to Macbook Pro

I have a new compact flash card in my Nikon D810 camera. Is there any way to copy the photos from my camera to my MacBook Pro Retina 2015 without using the Photos app or a separate card reader? I am currently traveling for several weeks in a remote location and didn't anticipate not being able to just attach the camera via a cable and download that way, something I've done in the past with SD cards. When I attached the camera via the USB cable provided by Nikon to my MBP, the Finder does not show the card. However, the Photos app provided with the Yosemite OS does recognize the camera correctly (and refers to it as D810) and does see all the photos and shows them as thumbnails. At first I thought I'd just use Photos to import them, but I want access via the Finder to the individual photos without having to use Photos. When I imported them, I could see the folder "Photos Library" but couldn't open it. If I did a "Find" for an individual image in the Finder, it was not found. So using Photos as an import tool is no good for me. So any of these options would be helpful:

- How to show the contents of the compact flash in the Finder in order to copy them to the MBP

- How to use Photos to copy the contents of the compact flash to the MBP, but in a folder of my choosing, which I could access in the Finder and from which I could select individual photos for editing in the program of my choice.

--HG

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:07 AM

There are no replies.

Problem copying photos from compact flash card to Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.