Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing double-sided, two pages per sheet. last two pages are up side down.

I'd like to print double sided with two pages per side with the goal being able to flip the page (as if it was bound along the whole left side of the paper). that means that the orientation is the same on both sides of the paper.

the current out put is that the back of the page is up side down. (as if I wanted to just staple the papers on the top left edge)

Is this possible without going into the PDF documents and manually rotating every 3rd and 4th page?

(I have a Brother HL-2270DW with the duplex turned on. I have the latest driver. OSX 10.11.1)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2016 1:18 PM

actually....

(it's a few weeks later and I'm printing again and ran in to the same problem)

some of the instructions from Brother support were about the order of selection the options.

My new answer is:

After selecting to print:

1. goto Layout
  2. select two-sided as Short-Edge binding
  3. select Pages per Sheet as 2
  4. (in my case) set Page, From: as X to Y (where X and Y are the beginning and end pages)

This works for me.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2016 1:18 PM in response to alex alex alex

actually....

(it's a few weeks later and I'm printing again and ran in to the same problem)

some of the instructions from Brother support were about the order of selection the options.

My new answer is:

After selecting to print:

1. goto Layout
  2. select two-sided as Short-Edge binding
  3. select Pages per Sheet as 2
  4. (in my case) set Page, From: as X to Y (where X and Y are the beginning and end pages)

This works for me.

printing double-sided, two pages per sheet. last two pages are up side down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.