Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I save word and excel documents onto my Mac, is there a way to automatically save the documents in iCloud Drive?

When I save word and excel documents onto my MacBook Air version 10.11.1, is there a way to automatically save the documents in iCloud Drive? I want to be able to access documents across all of my devices without manually saving them to both my computer and then again to the iCloud Drive.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:46 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 10:17 PM in response to Shans22

I do not know for sure about Microsoft products (which I assume you are using since you reference Word and Excel). But given this page from Microsoft's site, it looks like they have their own cloud and they would tend to push that.

https://products.office.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products??tab=oma c

You could, of course, use Apple's Pages and Numbers products, which certainly can (and do) default to saving on iCloud Drive.

When I save word and excel documents onto my Mac, is there a way to automatically save the documents in iCloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.