Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple notes - Apple ID used on two seperate iPhones - where did my notes go?

We have two new iPhone 6+ and use the same Apple ID for the phones, family iPads etc. This has worked without a problem for years.

We have also all used Application "Notes" which comes standard with apple products. We have all made seperate notes on the Apple products without a problem.

Overnight, one of the iPhones deleted all its notes, and replaced them with the notes from the other iPhone.

Prior to this, noo changes were made anywhere e.g., change of password, icloud info, contact send and receive information. Nothing.

I have no idea what happened however I do need to restore those deleted/missing notes.

Any ideas which can help are appreciated

Thanks 🙂

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:46 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 9:54 PM in response to Madjacktaylor

You can restore the missing notes by restoring the phone to an iCloud or iTunes backup that was made just prior to the Notes disappearing event.

If they were replaced by notes from another device, then that indicates that in Settings>iCloud, the "Notes" option is turned on. If you don't want to share notes, but you are using the same Apple ID, then you must have Notes turned off under iCloud. At the top of the Notes screen, if you click on the arrow in the upper left-hand corner, it will take you to a screen that shows the different Notes "folders". Make sure that you select the "On My Phone" folder for all of the devices.

Cheers,

GB

Apple notes - Apple ID used on two seperate iPhones - where did my notes go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.